Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Telluride Gold...

From September 2010
Telluride Colorado, the first mountain town I ever visited when I first moved out West. We used to joke that the trails were so steep in Telluride that if you went over the bars you would land on the roof of a house!

From September 2010
We rode the free gondola up to 10,500 ft and started climbing from there. Keith had done a big ride off the back of the lift a few years ago and wanted to do it again. The aspens were turning gold and the sky was deep blue. I've actually been able to ride a bit better up high as of late, by staying so hydrated that I slosh when I walk. But hey, its working!

From September 2010


From September 2010
Since it's "huntin" season I wore my sweet orange jersey, with a collar of course, so I don't have to change shirts when I take Mary out to dinner after the ride.

From September 2010


From September 2010


From September 2010
This is a perfect example of "stylie credit card air." Just enough room to swipe a credit card under my tire, yet major style points for pointing my butt at the camera.

From September 2010
Keith managed to actually imprint his tire tread on the credit card with this "jump."

From September 2010
After blurring our way down through the golden aspen groves we faced having to ride through the above valley to get back to the start of the loop. We persevered!

From September 2010


From September 2010


From September 2010


From September 2010


From September 2010


From September 2010


From September 2010


From September 2010
Keith, like me, is from Missouri, where the idea of leaving the ground on a bike ends when you outgrow your bicycle and get your first quad, or truck, or gun.... Keith has progressed so much this year and is riding extremely well. No credit card air here!

From September 2010


From September 2010
Its that time of the month again, so I'll finish with a few pics of Mr Moon. Keep rippin!

No comments:

Post a Comment