Tuesday, September 7, 2010

MOAB 10!

(Click on post title for video)





From September 2010
Six foot drop? Yea she's got that!





From September 2010
I am surprised I got the photo, as I expected her to roll up to it a few times. She told me she could visualize it. She did and she launched it! That's my girl!





From September 2010






From September 2010
I tested it a few times too, just about the perfect landing.





From September 2010
After playing a bit we motored on up Amasaback. Back in May, Mary only made it up to the Super 8. She collapsed on a rock and was nearly sick. Today was an amazing improvement as she confidently climbed almost every ledge.





From September 2010
The temps were about mid seventies to start the ride, but the Moab sun was beating down. However a storm was brewin' out West and quickly clouded the sky. It was welcome as the temps were darn near perfect.





From September 2010






From September 2010
There were even still a few flowers blooming.





From September 2010






From September 2010






From September 2010






From September 2010






From September 2010






From September 2010
It is SO good to be having these killer ride days with my wife on a regular basis. The gigantic hole in my life is fading away. I got my best friend back! Now if we could only make Gus about 13 years younger we'd have all two people could ever ask for.





From September 2010
There is a good chance that snow will cover this peak in less then a few weeks. Its hard to believe, but summer is rather short at 12,000 ft.





From September 2010
I met up with my old buddies Steve and Tony for possibly my last ride in the La Sal Mtns for the year. We explored around on some trails that I hadn't ridden since before my back injury. I was pleased to see they were still there. Part of some trails that make up a gigantic ride known as CCDH. (cross country down hill)





From September 2010






From September 2010
I remember the first time I stood looking out at this view, fresh from the hills of Missouri. I couldn't believe a place like this existed. Luckily it does and it hasn't changed a bit. Had our camera batteries not died we would have had some great pictures of our river trip too, but....Not bad for our 3 regular days off!

1 comment:

  1. Great way to spend a 3 day weekend. Awesome jump Mary! Rock 'n' roll on your bike! I don't think there is anything you can't ride.

    ReplyDelete