Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Acclimatization of Dinka Jane...

From June 2011
This tuft of hair is from the top of Dinka's head. It fell out yesterday while I was petting her little noggin. At first I was bummed. The last of her dreadlocks had just fallen out...It was so cute the way it would stick strait up on the top of her head. But then I realized it was also the last of the remnants from her time on the street, fighting for her life, dirty, nearly starved to death.

From June 2011
She's now fully acclimatized to her new, and I hope better, environment. She is no longer bald, her weight is up from 10lbs to 12lbs. (Proportionately that is a LOT of weight) She no longer bolts for the door, pukes in the truck, barks and shakes at the sight of men other than me.

From June 2011
She's a happy dog I'd say...and many folks keep saying how lucky SHE is...well I have to disagree. Mary and I are the lucky ones. She came to us when we needed her most, just long enough to learn from Gus, and then to help us say goodbye. Now she fills that hole, a 55lb black and white, 14 year's in the making hole...and she does a damn fine job! Our little Dinka Jane....

From June 2011


From June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment