Friday, November 19, 2010

We went "Fun" Riding....

All pictures are by Mike Curiak, or Gregory Luck (excepting one terrible pic of Greg I took "back in the day".)
From November 2010


From November 2010


From November 2010


From November 2010


From November 2010


From November 2010
"Free Riding"-- The term means different things to different people. I almost never use it, as it tends to pigeon hole me as the type of rider that shuttles everything, sessions the same spot over and over, and loathes to peddle. Although it's not the norm for any of this group, I guess you could say we went "Free Riding" for an afternoon last week. But just so you don't think that's all we do, for our purposes, we'll call it "Fun Riding" from now on. I've been eye'n this drop for a while. I had a few "chickin" runs up to it. I even had to walk away from it for a while. Mary said "don't drop it if you can't visualize it". My own advice turned on me. Finally....I nailed it.

From November 2010
MC had this roller (above), but that darn log at the bottom? We'll save that one for another day.

From November 2010


From November 2010


From November 2010
The snow made things interesting. We all went sledding at least once.

From November 2010


From November 2010




From November 2010


From November 2010
Some words here about my friend Greg, and the above photo circa 2006. Note Greg's bar ends, narrow handlebars, his Ti Moots YBB, and that near "areo" riding position. Greg is older than you might think, cycling has preserved him well. Despite his ripe old age, Greg has given up on "fun hating". He's riding a big bike, riding aggressive lines, wearing (gasp) knee protection, and pushing his limits more than ever. Greg is a "Fun Rider!"
From November 2010


From November 2010


From November 2010
J-Rad and I in the last rays of November Sun.

From November 2010



From November 2010


From November 2010


From November 2010


From November 2010


From November 2010


From November 2010


From November 2010
When I was a little kid I watched a lot of the Dukes of Hazard. I always dreamed of flying through the air like the Duke Boys. Dreams do come true....Yeee Haaa!

Check out Greg's take on this day here..
http://dirtanddogs.blogspot.com/2010/11/lines.html

No comments:

Post a Comment