Saturday, July 17, 2010

An engine won't run on water....

From July 2010
Every year I get really excited about getting back into motorcycles. Motorcycles used to consume my life, like cycling does now, but in the last 5 years the noise and being associated with, sadly, the "rip it up" crowd, I have shyed away.


From July 2010
Lately though, I a have been meeting friends who ride bikes and also ride moto, so Alec and I took a day and headed up on the Grand Mesa. The trails are endless up there. Most would be a terrible bicycle ride, due to the steepness of the terrain. The long range of a moto makes the area perfect for exploring with a throttle in ones hand.

From July 2010
The day was going very well. The trails were perfect and the air slightly chilly whipping along at 40 MPH.

From July 2010
At about 50 miles away from the nearest telephone pole we came to a creek. It was about seat deep. I got across, but Alec dropped his bike and fully submerged it while still running. We kicked until we were exhausted, but we never got it started again.

From July 2010
I had to four wheel the truck in to get the bike, which took some hours. It was about a 12 hour day total. I love moto bikes, but I sure wish you could carry them when something goes wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment