Friday, June 11, 2010

MOAB 6! Summer Light Show

How many people have a friend that would loan them a jeep, for as long as you might need it, for free? Well, we do. Mark Landblom, AKA Marock Obloma, happend to have a spare Jeep for me to use while we are trying to sell the house. That way Mary still has some transportation while I'm at work. Mark, you are the best! Thank You!
From June 2010
(An early morning shot of Marock OBlama with his Big Cock in the background)


From June 2010
(Jeeps are just fun!)


The Jeep was in Moab, and unfortunately stuck in four wheel drive. After some pounding on the linkage I managed to get it into 2 wheel drive for the trip back to GJ. But first Mary was dead set on riding Amasa Back, against my better judgement.
From June 2010

Before the ride, Mary insisted that we eat Italian at Pasta Jays. During dinner, she was concerned that I was not eating enough of my meal. I reminded her that we hadn't ridden yet and that a full stomach would be rough in the 100 degree heat. I guess a year and half off the bike can make you forget things, like riding a truly challenging trail on a full pasta/red sauce stomach.

Well at least I didn't have to worry about her overdoing it. The constant want of her dinner to return to the outside world kept Mary moving pretty slow. While she lay on the rock I snapped pictures of the crazy summer light show, then we re-mounted and ripped back down. As I'm writing this, two days later, her hands are still doing quite well. We are seeing much improvement!
From June 2010

From June 2010

From June 2010

From June 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment